Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I just need some space"

These few words put more fear into the hearts of men than almost any other. If you are a man reading this the purpose of this blog is to calm your fears and give you an insight to what these words mean. If you are a woman my purpose is to teach you how to communicate this to the man in your life so he understands and gives you the space you deserve. I think "Pink" does this better than I ever could so I am borrowing her words from her song "Leave me alone" because she says it so well and to the point.

"Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)"Go away Give me a chance to miss you Say goodbye It'll make me want to kiss you I love you so Much more when you're not here Watchin all the bad shows Drinking all of my beer I don't believe Adam and Eve Spent every god damn day together If you give me some room there will be room enough for two Tonight Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely I'm tired Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely tonight I don't wanna wake up with another But I don't wanna always wake up with you either No you can't hop into my shower All I ask for is one ***kin' hour You taste so sweet But I can't eat the same thing every day Cuttin off the phone Leave me the ***k alone Tomorrow I'll be beggin' you to come home Tonight Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely I'm tired Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely tonight Go away Come back Go away Come back Why can't I just have it both ways Go away Come back Go away Come back I wish you knew the difference Go away Come back Go away Give me a chance to miss you Say goodbye It'll make me want to kiss you Go away Give me a chance to miss you Say goodbye It'll make me want to kiss you Go away Give me a chance to miss you Say goodbye It'll make me want to kiss you Tonight Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely I'm tired Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely tonight Tonight Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely I'm tired Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely tonight Tonight Go away Give me a chance to miss you Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely Say goodbye It'll make me want to kiss you I'm tired Go away Give me a chance to miss you Leave me alone I'm lonely Alone I'm lonely Say goodbye It'll make me want to kiss you Tonight Go away Give me a chance to miss you Say goodbye It'll make me want to kiss you.

Men take these words in and the next time your sweetheart says she needs some time give her all the space she deserves. Do not be mad and tell her you understand give her a hug and a kiss and leave calmly. The next part is very very important let her call you no matter how badly you want to talk to her. If you had a fight do not call and apologize again for the twentieth time just give her space to cool down and process things. Similar to sales when you ask for the close the best thing to do is just shut up and wait for a response. The typical response for a man is to want to talk things out and make everything OK right that second. Women do not work that way and when you force the issue it typically ends with more and more fighting. In general, if you give the woman in your life a chance to miss you and you aren't always smothering her you will in turn get the response from her you are desiring. Think of a women as a cat. The last time you kicked a cat and you tried to make up with that cat what happened. Most likely you chased it around the house and it tried to hide and get the hell away from you and the more you chased it the longer it took for the cat to come back around and want to be around you. The best thing to do is let the cat come to you. The other thing about is that they don't like to be smothered and confined. Think about the last time you tried to force a cat to sit on your lap and you wrapped your arms around it so tightly it couldn't move. You might still have the scratches to remind you that didn't work out so well. On the other hand, if the cat comes to you and climbs up in your lap and you gently pet it and when it does move a-little bit you allow it to stretch its legs and reposition most of the time it will sit with you for a long time. By allowing the woman in your life the flexibility to feel free and to come and go as she pleases without guilt you will find she will come back more often and stay longer. Master this concept and you will be amazed at the response you get!!!

Women the next time you deserve some space from your man borrow some of the words from Pink. The most important thing to do whether or not you are mad at the time or not is to share your heart with him. Tell him just because I need some time to myself doesn't mean I don't love you. When men hear the words I need some space it scares them and in turn they respond by wanting to be with you even more. If you want the space you deserve take the time to be kind and loving and don't demand the time with anger. Men are like dogs. Think about it, you can yell, scold and kick a dog in the butt and five seconds later the dog is by your side looking for reassurance you still love him. The moment you show the dog you are not mad anymore he will go on his marry way, but if you don't he will be under your feet until you do. Men are kind of slow and sometimes the only way to get their attention is to blow up at them. I understand this just take a moment after and give a-little reassurance which does not mean you can't communicate you are still upset...

Implement the strategies I shared with you and I know you will be surprised how well things go!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is my favorite analogy yet! you make some very excellent points. Pink really does say it all in her song, very true for us women. the analogy of the dog vs. cat is so completely true, it makes me laugh. i think that this post of giving space will help a lot of couples out there! thanks for the good advice, i look forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete